Experts will say it takes a year to a year and a half to plan a wedding. Around here, however, many couples end up with six to eight months to plan their big day. Knowing where to start can be difficult, and we pride ourselves on assisting our clients every step of the way. Booking our inclusive package takes out a lot of the guesswork, but you still have quite a few decisions to make. So, you may be asking, how do I consolidate the 12-month planning timelines I see online down to eight months? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Below, you will find a custom 8-month wedding planning timeline and checklist. Planning a wedding in under a year doesn’t have to be stressful. You just need the right vendors on your side!
8 Months Out
- Determine your Budget.
- Determine your Maximum Headcount.
- Decide on an overall theme or look/feel for your wedding.
- Book your Venue.
- Hire a Wedding Planner (if you didn’t book Old Mill. We include a Wedding Coordinator!).
7 Months Out
- Hire a Photographer.
- Book your Caterer.
- Make your guest list, and start accumulating addresses.
6 Months Out
- Hire a Florist.
- Book your DJ.
- Bride: shop for and order a Wedding Dress.
- Order Save the Dates.
5 Months Out
- Send Save the Dates.
- Register for Gifts.
- Make Honeymoon plans.
- Book a Stylist.
- Bride: shop for and order Bridesmaid Dresses.
- Groom: buy or rent the Groom and Groomsmen Suits/Tuxes.
4 Months Out
- Order your Wedding Cake.
- Order Wedding Invitations.
- Purchase Wedding Bands.
- Make your Wedding Shower guest list.
- Book your Rehearsal Dinner venue, and make your guest list.
3 Months Out
- Send Wedding Invitations.
- Order Rehearsal Dinner Invitations.
- Make Song Selections, if you haven’t already.
- Attend your Wedding Shower.
- Order Wedding Favors.
- Book hotel rooms or rent a house for the Wedding Party.
- Book Group Transportation.
- Choose who will be giving Toasts.
- Plan your Exit-rent the Getaway Car, if needed.
- Start buying Alcohol.
- Choose a Guestbook.
2 Months Out
- Schedule your 60 Day Planning Meeting with your Coordinator (if you booked Old Mill’s inclusive package).
- Meet with your Officiant.
- Confirm Menus for all Events.
- Purchase Wedding Party Gifts.
- Purchase Gifts for each other.
- Send Rehearsal Dinner Invitations.
1 Month Out
- Schedule your 30 Day Planning Meeting with your Coordinator (if you booked Old Mill’s inclusive package).
- Follow up with Guests who haven’t RSVP’d yet.
- Get your Marriage License.
- Write your Vows.
- Order any Paper Goods-Menus, Programs, Escort Cards, etc.
- Have your Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties.
2 Weeks Out
- Finalize Seating Chart.
- Plan Day-Of Meals for the Wedding Party.
- Bride: get your hair cut/colored.
- Groom: get your hair trimmed.
- Bride: get a Facial.
- Bride: have your Hair & Makeup Trial.
4 Days Out
- Bride: get your nails done.
- Make sure your Wedding Party has all of their Wedding Day Attire.
- Get married, and live happily every after!
Our team is at your disposal, especially if you’re planning a wedding in under a year. Contact us today to get started!